Wednesday 29 February 2012

Quebec skiing and snowboarding

I grew up with the nearest place to ski being an hour away. It was definitely not a mountain, and probably more of a bump than a hill, so I'm finding it really exciting to be so close to Quebec where there are almost 90 stations spread out over two mountain ranges, the Laurentians and the Appalachians. I'm used to maybe making it out to a hill once a year, so I've been loving the opportunity to ski at multiple stations on an almost weekly basis!

I've been to Mont Tremblant (about two hours away) for one full weekend and quite a few Sundays, and there are many places to go during the week which offer great night-skiing. I have been to two different stations with other co-op students. We bring our gear to work in the morning and then one or two people drive to the hill after work. The first time we went was a few weeks ago to Camp Fortune, a hill that is only about 10 minutes from our workplace in Gatineau. Last night we headed to Edelweiss which was a nicer hill, about 15 minutes past Fortune.

I'm hoping that the snow keeps coming for as long as possible to get the most out of the winter season! I'm going to Mont Tremblant again on Sunday and the view there is just as amazing as the rush of heading down the slopes, so I'll be sure to finally post some pictures.

Happy leap year!

No comments:

Post a Comment