Wednesday 14 March 2012

Mont Tremblant


Walking over the bridge to work this morning I noticed the ice of the Ottawa river was beginning to melt. By the time I left work, water was flowing and it was completely defrosted. I was banking on the snow to stay in March, but with the trend of higher than seasonal temperatures across Ontario recently it feels like Spring is on its way and I don’t think there will be any more snowy activites. I had wanted to try out cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing in Gatineau Park which was a lot of great trails, but maybe I’ll just have to try hiking there in a few weeks. No more snowboarding either - my brother said some years he can get use out of his Tremblant pass right into April but I don’t think that will be the case this year. So, in memory of the good times at Tremblant, here are some of my favourite pictures from the times I went. Clear days give a fantastic view but I think the grey, cloudy days are just as beautiful.
At the top - this was my second day out. The first day I went there was really low visibility so I had no idea those peaks ahead existed!



This is my favourite photo!
My brother John and I near the base of the mountain on my last run of the season with village of Tremblant in the background. 

1 comment:

  1. what a nice scenery. The snow, everything is perfect. As a nature lover, I would love to stay at Mont-termblant that's why I live in Plateau Natura

    ReplyDelete