Monday 30 April 2012

Goodbye Ottawa!

This was my last day in Ottawa and the tulips were in full bloom. My mom and sister came to pick me up and visit with my brother.

I'm officially back in Southwestern Ontario. It feels good to be home but I definitely enjoyed my 4 month adventure in Canada's capital! From hitting the slopes at Tremblant, to skating down the Canal, to discovering Canadian history at all the museums, I think I fit a lot in to those 4 months. My brother keeps joking about how I've done more than he has since he moved to Ottawa for his undergrad at Carleton years ago. I tried to fit in as an Ottawaan (yes that is the correct term...I googled it to verify when I wasn't sure whether to believe my brother) strolling around the Market and hitting up the Rideau Center. I met some great friends in the other co-op students and we were able to accomplish some weekday snowboarding after work, comedy clubs, visiting Montreal and ziplining!

And of course, I learned a lot at my placement with Environment Canada in the Biotechnology unit. This summer will bring new learning experiences at my next work term back in Guelph...that's 8 months with the only classes being the odd distance ed class ;)

Taking the work term in Gatineau was a great experience to get a taste for living in another city in which I don't attend school. Thanks for reading! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment