Thursday 26 April 2012

Nepean Point

One day a couple weeks ago while I was running I ran up to this point right before Alexandra Bridge. No matter which way you look there is a great view of Ottawa, Parliament Hill, Gatineau or the Ottawa River.


At the tip of the hill is a statue of French explorer Samuel de Champlain. After work I crossed Alexandra Bridge from Gatineau, climbed the steps and sat on the wooden benches to read since no one else was there. Before I knew it, an hour or two had passed and the sun was getting lower in the sky - I figured it would be a great place to watch the sun set.


Apparently that's definitely not the first time anyone ever had that idea...soon enough dozens of photographers came to set up. I had moved to sit up on the base of the statue and I was quite appreciative that they all seemed to ask me if they were blocking my view before setting up their camera stands.




Every day isn't warm and sunny just yet. Ottawa winter made one more appearance a few days later when I woke up to this....


...and I had to dig out my winter jacket and hat already packed away for the move back to Southwestern Ontario.


No comments:

Post a Comment