Saturday 21 April 2012

Rideau Canal

     As my time in Ottawa comes to a close I realized I never posted pictures from the Canal, one of the greatest things about winter in Ottawa, in my opinion. The photos here are from the first weekend of Winterlude back in February when my friend Celyne came to visit. It was an absolutely beautiful, sunny day and I definitely got overheated skating 10k up and down the Canal. 

Sun shining outside of Parliament on the walk to the Canal.



The first thing we did was grab some beavertails for a delicious snack - my first one of the season!


There were a few activities to do along the Canal such as meeting up with the Ice Hogs, checking out the art hanging along the inside of the tunnels as you skate along, and there were also teepees and First Nation people telling stories, singing traditional songs, or showing the animals they hunted. 





After a few hours we were definitely tired out. People at work talked about how many years it is almost too cold to enjoy. Unfortunately, the weather later became too warm and the Canal season didn't last too long but I'm glad I was able to experience Ottawa's Rideau Canal in such beautiful weather that weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Canada is awesome, Ottawa is awesome and you awesome. Nice blog. Last photo very cute. Someday i will see this canal with my own eyes...I hope :D
    PS: sry for my English. Hello from Russia.

    ReplyDelete